Friday 17 July 2015

Te Bheag Nan Eiliean Bottling

Maybe I'm immature... no correction. I am immature. So I originally bought this because when you look at it quickly it looks like Tea Bag, and as an immature person this makes me think of the sexual activity of placing one's balls into someone else's mouth. But I digress a bit and this scotch is nothing like having someone's balls put into your mouth.

Anyway, apparently the proper pronunciation of this is "chey vek", which is fine to say but not as fun as saying, "Would you like me to Tea-Bag you?"

This Gaelic Whisky is advertised as a connoisseur scotch. What I think this means is that even though it's budget priced it contains some of the flavours and tastes you can only find in higher priced drams. The biggest thing about the nose is the predominance of peat. We're read about a scent of salty sea side air and maybe that's what that is, might not have picked that out without help, but now that it's been said, we can agree. There is also a hint of maple sweetness.

The palate has hints of coffee bean, with more more peat mixing with a subtle sweetness.

The finish is hot and the peat gives way to a taste of oak.

Overall a good way to mix up your scotch experience without spending too much money.

No comments:

Post a Comment